How to Stop Procrastinating
Procrastinating is a learned behavior.
The good news is that it can be combated, as long as you’re focused on how to prevent it. Here are 6 steps to help you stop procrastinating and get in gear.
- Get Rid of Distractions – Turn off the phone, shut the door, put on headphones, whatever it takes to drown out tempting diversions.
- Break Tasks Into Chunks – Things like “wash dishes, do laundry, and vacuum” are more specific, and chances are you’ll be more apt to tackle those tasks than the gargantuan-sounding “clean the house.”
- Do Your Hardest Task First – The sense of accomplishment when you complete the biggest item on your list first will help propel you forward toward crossing off more things on your list.
- Try Music – If you can tap your toes and pick up the beat, it makes the task move along.
- Perfect is the Enemy of Done – Keep in mind that if you’re only striving for perfection, you’re less likely to even start a project.
- Reward Yourself – Give yourself a pat on the back for getting stuff done, whether the reward is a night out or simply a favorite treat.
Need More Ideas? Check out: https://www.forbes.com/sites/margiewarrell/2013/03/25/why-you-procrastinate-and-how-to-stop-it-now/