Two Skills to Master this Holiday Season
Master this Holiday Season by Mastering these two skills
If there are two things that we’ll be doing this holiday season, it’s cooking and cleaning. We can master two simple skills to make both go easier this season.
Cooking: Poaching a Perfect Egg. . .
- Simmer a small pot of water.
- Crack egg into a bowl and add 1/2 tsp vinegar. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Add egg to the water and stir gently to keep egg from sticking. Leave alone to poach, 3-5 minutes for an extra large egg.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and serve hot.
Here are some great ways to serve poached eggs this Christmas: https://www.bonappetit.com/recipes/slideshow/poached-egg-recipes
Cleaning: Cleaning with Cola. . .
Did you know the cola in your fridge is also a great household cleaner? Here are some everyday uses for it:
- Remove rust stains by scrubbing with cola using aluminum foil, then wipe clean.
- Remove oil stains from pavement by soaking them in cola for 15 minutes, then scrubbing.
- Remove gum from surfaces by soaking it with cola for a few minutes, then scraping it with a blunt knife.
Here are more ways to use cola to clean: http://www.wisebread.com/51-uses-for-coca-cola-the-ultimate-list