What’s the Right Price to Sell My Home and How do I know?
How do I set the right price to sell my home?
Like many home sellers, I might have a price in mind that is too high. I need the knowledge of a REALTOR® to give me a more realistic opinion of what the right price is to sell my home.
Here’s what you should do:
• Ask your REALTOR® for a “total market overview.” What’s happening in general in the economy and the real estate market?
• Get the facts for your neighborhood. What homes have or haven’t sold in the last 6-12 months, and did the sales include short sales or foreclosures?
• Work with your REALTOR® to set the right price from the start. If you start too high, you may keep buyers away. If you lower your price in increments, it may be too late. Timing is key and buyers may already have purchased another home.
Here are 4 secrets that will give you insight into what buyers want:
- Purchase decisions are emotional, not logical. Your house is NOT going to be evaluated as a “house.” It will be evaluated for its potential to become a HOME.
- Buyers are looking for a bargain. This is subjective, but buyers respond to phrases like “priced to sell” or “a unique bargain at this price.”
- Buyers are attracted to affordability. They will choose a home they think they can afford, based on the down payment and monthly payments.
- The best way to motivate a sale is to create urgency. You can do this by using such things as a limited time offer or special terms that expire.
Keeping these secrets in mind, hire a REALTOR® who presents you with a complete, innovative marketing plan that uses all the latest selling techniques, including the Internet and social media. Your REALTOR® will also provide you EXPOSURE to more buyers and other REALTORS® who are already working with out-of-town buyers that can be hard to reach.
Would you like more information on selling your home? Here’s my free report: “6 Steps For Selling Your Home For TOP DOLLAR.”