5 Thoughtful Questions for Your Next Interview
Here are 5 great questions to pull out for the next interview you go on
Landing a job interview is cause for celebration. But are you prepared for the dreaded, “Do you have any questions for us?” With this list, you will be.
• What is a typical day like for the person in this position?
• What metrics will be used to measure performance?
• What are some of the short-term and long-term goals for the growth of the company?
• What are advancement paths for someone in this position?
• What is the corporate culture like?
Now that you’ve got your new job, what to Do:
- Have a sense of humor. People generally like being around others who are easy-going and make funny jokes. But keep it minimal and not to the point where everything that comes out of your mouth is supposed to be a “joke.” Expressing individuality allows others to trust you and you will make better connections instantly.
- You should definitely get to know the people you are working with! It is especially important to remember their names. Who knows, you might make a valuable connection.
- Learn to give compliments to people. It’s not hard to tell someone that you think that they did a great job in some area. They will definitely appreciate your compliments and in turn, may give you one back. Mutual appreciation feels good.
- Try to keep up with the different lingo that goes around at your new workplace. Each workplace may have their own set of terminology. For example, my office co-workers call google chat, “G-chat.” It’s some pretty hip stuff – don’t stay out of the loop!
Take these tips with your new job, and good luck on getting used to your new company position! Follow these steps and you may become the new cool kid on the block that everyone at work wants to be around.
Now you have your amazing new job, it’s time to find a new home, or a rental until you decide what you want. We can help you!
Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.