Mindful Gratitude: 8 Ways to Cultivate It
Practicing mindful gratitude can have huge benefits, here’s how to be more grateful
We would all rather be happy if given the choice. In some cases, our state of happiness can be a conscious choice we make to focus on the positive things in our lives. Learning to cultivate gratitude in your daily life is a surprisingly effective way to improve your health and overall happiness.
The benefits of mindful gratitude can be huge. Studies show that people who are more grateful sleep better, feel
healthier, have higher self-esteem, have more energy, and experience less stress. Staying grateful isn’t always easy, but with all these physical and mental benefits it’s absolutely worth the investment of your time.
Here are 8 easy ways to practice gratitude on a regular basis. Try out a few of them to see which suits you best.
- Keep a “gratitude journal” to jot down 1-2 things you’re grateful for daily.
- Actively work on cultivating positivity by looking for a bright side to negative situations.
- Pay someone an unexpected compliment each day.
- Talk about 2-3 positive moments from the day during nightly dinner conversation.
- Offer a heartfelt – not routine – “thank you” for a mundane task, such as someone holding a door open for you at the store.
- Say out loud what you’re grateful for, even if you’re talking to yourself.
- Put a picture of your family, or whatever you’re most thankful for, somewhere you’ll see it multiple times a day.
- Donate your time to a favorite cause. Monetary donations are great, but donating your time is even more effective at making you feel grateful. In fact, our 5th Annual Miracles Happen Charity Event is coming up on September 2nd benefiting Shield 616. We’d love your support and help–click here for more information.
How have you been cultivating mindful gratitude? Submit your ideas in the comments below!