When You’re Moving, Don’t Forget To Do These Things
6 Things You Don’t Want to Forget to Do When Moving
- Fill all your prescriptions and get them transferred to a pharmacy near your new home.
- Hire a carpet cleaning company to deep-clean in your new home before you’ve moved all your furniture in.
- Schedule your utilities to shut off the day after you move out of your old home.
- Have utilities turn on a couple days before you arrive at your new home.
- Color-code packing boxes by room so it’s easy for movers to put things in the right places.
- Pack a “first night” box with everything you’ll need. Then, you don’t have to dig through several boxes to find toothbrushes, pajamas, or pillows.